Are you looking for an iPad drawing app which can be used in drawing, Sketch, or paint?
Well, just put on your artist cap and start using these iPad/ iPad Pro drawing app to make your first drawing.
It doesn’t matter if you are not familiar with the drawing, as we will show you many apps which will actually help you make your first drawing.
iPad and iPad pro are supported with Apple Pencil, which is kind of boon for all the budding artist.
You can use this Apple Pencil and drawing app to sketch your first beautiful drawing.
10 Best drawing app for iPad / iPad Pro
Let’s dig on these beautiful drawing apps which can be downloaded from iTunes or Apple Stores and can be started immediately to make your first masterpiece.
1. Pigment – Adult Coloring Book
One of the best versatile app for iPad is Pigment, which was developed by “Pixite Inc.”
Pigment follow one rule, “reduce stress & anxiety by color,” which means you get the same benefits of meditation when you do coloring.
Coloring reduces stress, anxiety and enhances concentration, creativity, happiness, and positivity.
Some of the features of Pigment is as follows
- More than 4000 professional artwork collection
- New pages added daily, which means more fun every day
- The pigment is the only platform on which you can use simulated markets, pencil, and paintbrush strokes
- Get realistic coloring experience
- It included 24 kinds of coloring tools, which
- Coloring pencil
- Circle brush
- Metallic fill
- Pattern fill
- Bloom and many more
- You will also get a feature called “tap-to-fill.”
- You can choose an unlimited number of colors using a color wheel
- Get hold of premium brushes and color palettes
- You can also get inspiration from Pigment gallery which is a showcase of another people artwork
- Use AirPrint to finish your creation
- It supports third-party inputs such as Apple pencil or finger
- You can adjust the direction, pressure, and size of stoke using Apple Pencil
- Get screenshot of Cindy Primeau or Angela Zeman for inspiration
Compatibility issue: Compatible with iPhone, iPad & iPad touch with iOS 11.0
Pro tips: make pigment you first free color sketchbook with hundreds of colors to choose from to make your first masterpiece.
Procreate app is developed by “Savage Interactive Pty Ltd” for iPad and iOS device.
If you want to create professionals’ pictures for apps or for movies or commercial, then this app is a must for all iPad users.
Procreate provides many advance features which another drawing app can only dream off some of them are as follows
- Get massive HD canvases up to 16k by 4k on iPad Pro with 12.9” by 10.5.”
- Get 3D touch and pressure-sensitive painting
- Get a butter-smooth responsive sample
- Support all third-party input devices including Apple Pencil
- Get over 50 customizable settings on each brush
- Import & export custom brushes
- Get hold of 25 layers of blend modes for professional composition
- Get 64-bit of accuracy in your canvas
- P3 support available
- You can add vector text to your drawing
- Get your favorite fonts into the illustrations
- Get isometric, 2D and symmetry visual guides
- You can use perspective blur, gaussian or motion blur filter to your drawing
- Add or remove noise to your canvas or sharpen your drawing
- You can also drag, drop artworks, palettes, brushes between applications
- You can import or export PSD files to Adobe Photoshop
- Save in any file mode such as TIFF, PNG, PDF, JPEG, and animated GIFs
Pro tips: one of the best solutions with tons of coloring option to make your drawing.
3. Linea Sketch
Linea Sketch is another powerful coloring drawing tool for iPad, which is developed by “The Iconfactory.”
This iPad drawing App has all the option which are available in professional drawing app apart from one feature, which makes this app great.
It can auto-generate tints or shades which you can use them in your drawing for the wow function.
Some of the best features of Linea Sketch is as follows
- Easy interface and easy navigation which help the user to figure out thing easily
- You can get space of 9” to 5” on Mac
- Easy colors- choose from pre-defined colors or make your own customized colors
- Minimal UI- an elegant interface which makes sure you get your drawing with minimum interface
- Move/ Transform- get easy transformation with a sketch, move it, or rotate it or resize it.
- Beautiful layers- you can use a set of layers which can be rearranged, adjust or merge with images and files
- Zipline- an initiative to make straight lines and polygons without any hassle.
- Grids & Templates- use grids, 3d isometric lines with storyboards and templates
- Flexible exporting- export your masterpiece as Photoshop document, PNG, JPEG, GIFs, or any other drawing format.
- Touch eraser- a new addition to wiping the screen, if you accidentally make any mistake
- iCloud Sync- automatically update your sketches and project on iCloud to make it available on diffident devices
Pro tips: introduction of iCloud Sync and Touch eraser are the main USP of this app.
4. Affinity Designer
Another great app for Vector design for iPad is Affinity Designer who is developed by “Serif Labs.”
Affinity designer is most powerful, smoothest, and most precise iPad vector graphic design software.
You can create stunning materials for websites, icons, Design related to games, or UI using Affinity Designer.
Some of the cool features of Affinity Designer is as follows
- special optimized for iPad for faster performance
- you can get
- sensitive to pressure
- tilt and angle
- the precision of Apple Pencil
- you will also get full iCloud integration to upload your creativity and share among colleague
- you will get 120fps in panning and zooming
- get hundreds of live gradients, transforms, effects and other adjustments
- get live pixel and retina view of your vector artwork
- get wireframe view or split-screen mode
- You will also get rock-solid vector tools
- Get a pencil and brush stabilization for artwork and drawing
- Get live effects with blend modes and image adjustments
- Get incredibly smooth gradient with transparency controls
- Save you files like PSD, PDF, SVG, TIFF, EXR file with JPG GIFs support
- Get full 16-bit per channel editing
Pro tips: Affinity designer is best victor art app available for iPad.
5. Adobe Illustrator Draw
So, what if we tell you that Affinity Designer is bit costly and if you want to experience the same customization you can go with Adobe Illustrator Draw.
Adobe Illustrator Draw is developed by “Adobe Inc.,” which means you need to only pay for some premium function.
In Adobe Illustrator Draw, you can do various items which are not available in other vector drawing tools. Some of them are as follows
- Get 05 customizable brushes with tapers
- You can also customize these brushes for opacity, size, and color
- You can inherit basic shape stencils from capture CC
- You can also get
- Zoom 64X time for tiny details
- Canvas size up to 8K
- You can mix photos with vector layers
- Coordinate your vector layered illustration to Photoshop or Illustrator
- Support for Apple Pencil and iPad Pro
- You can also License royalty-free images from Adobe Stock while drawing
Pro Tips: Use Adobe Illustrator Draw if you don’t want to spend money on Affinity Design.
6. Adobe Photoshop Sketch
Another best app when it comes to drawing on the iPad is Adobe Photoshop Sketch.
You can get all the traditional tool for drawing, painting, or sketching without bothering for the vector graphics.
Some of the best features of Adobe Photoshop sketch is as follows
- Get access of 24 built-in brushes with
- Adjustable size
- Blending settings
- Get hold of thousands of Photoshop inbuild brushes by importing them into your Sketch dashboard
- You can make as big as 8k
- You can get all standard drawing layers such as
- Merge them
- You can use Stencils to outline or stamp curves
- Make straight lines and circles with ease
- Use perspective and graph grids to help your art line
- It is best optimized for Apple Pencil and iPad pro
- Get royalty-free images from Adobe stock within the dashboard of Sketch
Pro tips: if you don’t want to do vector art, then you can go for this cheap drawing option of Adobe Photoshop Sketch.
7. Autodesk Sketchbook
If you want a free app to Draw, Paint or Sketch, then you can use Autodesk Sketchbook.
One of the free and powerful apps which got hundreds of features to make your drawing without being looking for more options.
Some of the best features of Autodesk Sketchbook is as follows
- A free app which works wonder with iPad Pro
- Get all the brushes and another drawing tool to make your first masterpiece
- Perspective Guide which you can use to make your drawing
- You can customize and constrained Grid tools
- Hundreds of tools with customization available
- Introduction of curve ruler for making precision curves
- Support for Apple Pencil and other input devices
Pro Tips: Autodesk Sketchbook is the free app which you can try when you build your first masterpiece.
8. Sketch Club
Sketch Club is developed by “Blackpawn.com” and has tons of features for beginners and professional artist.
It has a dedicated community which will help you with your drawing in your initial phase.
You can also join these groups for
- Daily challenges
- Weekly competitions
- Monthly group events
- Annual awards
- Any other special events
Some of the special features of Sketch Club is as follows
- Get all the basic features of drawing like
- Vector tools
- Customize your layers with blending, naming or color tagging
- You can also create your own Magna with Apple Pencil or text tools
- You can customize layer filters like
- You can use 16k canvas size with 300 dpi print size
- Make a smooth and correct line, circle, square or triangle shape
- You can do canvas recording and export in full 1080 HD
- You will also get supports for iPhones and iPads
- Biggest community over 08 years
- Get a brush with high resolution
- Pattern textures
- Input curves
- Export your sketches and upload it to iCloud, Dropbox
- Availability of pen tools
- Fountain pen
- Gel pen
- Use both Pen and Vector tools to simplify smooth lines
- You can save the out to various industry-standard
output such as
- All Adobe files format including PSN
Pro tips: one of the oldest and biggest communities behind Sketch Club which will help you in every aspect of Drawing
9. Astropad Standard
Are you looking for one tool which can help you in Illustration, Sketching, Painting, Animation, and Photo?
Then you can look for Astropad Standard app, which is a perfect solution for drawing in iPad Pro with Apple Pencil.
Some of the cool features of Astropad Standard is as follows
- Get a natural drawing experience using Astropad Standard
- Works seamlessly with every Mac application
- Make artifacts and fuel your imagination with Astropad Standard
- You will get blazing fast drawing using this app
- You can get 60FPS over Wi-Fi while working in Astropad Standard
- You can work wireless or over Wi-Fi
- Get true Retina resolution for your Artwork
- Function like pinch to zoom and pan in your Mac iPad
- Pressure-sensitive with palm rejection facility
- Powered by LIQUID technology which means
- Works 2x faster than AirPlay
- Better and clear quality of JPEG
- Crafted for perfection
Pro Tips: hail as #1 app for drawing for iPad Pro and which has all the tools for beginner and professional alike.
Pixelmator is the most powerful advanced photo editing, painting app, graphic design app, which is layer-based image editor for iPad.
You can make professional-looking drawing using its 100 artist-design brushes and stunning color combination.
Some of the cool features of Pixelmator is as follows
- Get all the advanced photo editing software tools
- Start with beautifully designed templates
- Get more than dozens of breathtaking effects and implement it on your image
- Remove color cast or make correct while balance
- Clear all image imperfections like skin blemishes and unwanted objects by using the repaid tool in Pixelmator
- Use pinch, twirl or bump tool to image for more clarity
- Edit image up to 100 megapixels
- Paint your first image in iPad or iPhone
- Get 100 artist-designed brushes and get help from numerous painting techniques
- Paint perfect with watercolor or crayon brushes
- Create a pixel art image using pixel brush
- You can get naturally painting by using Apple Pencil on your iPad Pro with palm rejection, tilt, pressure, and acceleration sensitivity
- Full graphic design support
- Save images as PSD, JPEG, PNG, and other popular formats
Pro tips: Pixelmator has all the basic as well as professional tools for making an amazing drawing on the iPad.
So, these are the best iPad drawing app, which you can check-in in 2019.
Use this drawing app to fuel your imagination and make your first masterpiece on your iPad Pro or iPhone.